Liposuction is the main term used to define the procedure of suctioning out the excess fat located in the body. There may be several reasons for a liposuction procedure. We prepared a compilation of liposuction facts for you to read in our post.
The most common misconception about liposuction is that it does not treat obesity. Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that involves the removal of the excess fat in the body. Yes, the excess fat caused because of obesity can also be removed with the help of liposuction, however, obesity is a disease and needs an actual medical treatment.
Fast Liposuction Facts
- There are both invasive and non-invasive liposuction methods. The invasive ( surgical ) liposuction is the most performed type of liposuction.
- Certain medical conditions can also be treated with liposuction.
- Local and general anesthesia is used during and before a surgical liposuction procedure.
- Invasive liposuction can be performed on thighs, neck, chin, buttocks, abdomen, arms and calves.
- Fat cells are removed permanently with liposuction, however, if the person gains the previous excess weight after liposuction, the results maybe even worse than the before-liposuction state of the person.
- Scarrings, swelling, inflammation, infection, itching, pain, numbness, loss of sensation are the most common complications of a typical invasive liposuction procedure.
- Invasive liposuction is best for removing much amount of excess fat. Non-invasive methods like laser lipo are best for removing more surface fat, they simply can’t penetrate into stubborn fat.
Liposuction is one of the most complicated cosmetic surgeries in the world. It also presents the risk of more complications than any other aesthetic procedure. There are so many cases in which liposuction procedures went wrong. This is generally about surgeons people choice.
The poor displacing job of the excess fat and skin-lift jobs done during liposuction by unskilled surgeons may result in unexpected consequences. The worst thing about an aesthetic procedure is the possibility of a repair job after it.